B-2 Visa Extensions

A B-2 visa is the most common non-immigrant visa. Mostly for tourist, social, relative or family visits and health purposes. The B-2 visa application itself is filed directly at the United States consulate abroad and typically a decision is made on an immediate or short-term basis. You will have to be able to demonstrate through bank letters and other financial documents that you are capable of supporting yourself for the period of time stamped on your I-94 card. With this visa you are not allowed to work, receive any sort of financial remuneration, or seek any employment opportunity in the United States.

Change of Status: While present in the United States, should the visitor’s intentions change as a result of post-admission circumstances, it is possible to seek a change of status to other non-immigrant classifications.

Extension of Status:

You may apply to extend your stay if:

  • You were lawfully admitted into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa
  • Your nonimmigrant visa status remains valid
  • You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa
  • You have not violated the conditions of your admission
  • Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay

You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories:

  • Visa Waiver Program
  • Crew member (D nonimmigrant visa)
  • In transit through the United States (C nonimmigrant visa)
  • In transit through the United States without a visa (TWOV)
  • Fiancé of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancé (K nonimmigrant visa)
  • Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa)

e-greencard can effectively help you filling out the necessary forms and putting together the required documents in order to apply for a Tourist Visa Extension with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

DISCLAIMER: This site does not contain or constitute legal advice. This site provides general information on some commonly encountered immigration matters only. The information on this site should not be relied on to reach any conclusions about any person's specific situation. No government agency sponsors or is affiliated with e-greencard.com. e-greencard.com is not a law firm. It does not substitute for the advice of a lawyer. We do not provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about any individual's specific legal rights, remedies, defenses, options or strategies.  Communications between e-greencard.com and you are not protected by any privilege.